401. That the priests shall serve in the Sanctuary in divisions, but on festivals, they all serve together (Deut. 18:6-8).
Offerings, Tithes and Taxes
402. That an uncircumcised person shall not shall not eat of the heave offering (Lev. 22:10).
403. Not to alter the order of separating the heave offering and the tithes; the separation be in the order first-fruits at the beginning, then the t’rumah, then the first tithe, and last the second tithe (Ex. 22:28).
404. To give half a shekel every year (to the Sanctuary for provision of the public sacrifices) (Ex. 30:13).
405. That a kohein who is unclean shall not eat of the heave offering (Lev. 22:3-4).
406. That a person who is not a kohein or the wife or unmarried daughter of a kohein shall not eat of the heave offering (Lev. 22:10).
407. That a sojourner with a kohein or his hired servant shall not eat of the heave offering (Lev. 22:10).
408. Not to eat tevel (something from which the t’rumah and tithe have not yet been separated) (Lev. 22:15).
409. To set apart the tithe of the produce (one tenth of the produce after taking out t’rumah) for the Levites (Lev. 27:30; Num. 18:24).
410. To tithe cattle (Lev. 27:32).
411. Not to sell the tithe of the heard (Lev. 27:32-33).
412. That the Levites shall set apart a tenth of the tithes, which they had received from the Israelites, and give it to the kohanim (called the t’rumah of the tithe) (Num. 18:26).
413. Not to eat the second tithe of cereals outside Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17).
414. Not to consume the second tithe of the vintage outside of Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17).
415. Not to consume the second tithe of the oil outside of Jerusalem (Deut. 12:17).
416. Not to forsake the Levites (Deut. 12:19).
417. To set apart the second tithe in the first, second, fourth and fifth years of the sabbatical cycle to be eaten by its owner in Jerusalem (Deut. 14:22).
418. To set apart the second tithe in the third and sixth year of the sabbatical cycle for the poor (Deut. 14:28-29).
419. To give the priest the due portions of the carcass of cattle (Deut. 18:3).
420. To give the first of the fleece to the priest (Deut. 18:4).
421. To set apart the great heave-offering, that is, a small portion of the grain, wine and oil for the priest (Deut. 18:4).
422. Not to expend the proceeds of the second tithe on anything but food and drink (Deut. 26:14).
423. Not to eat the Second Tithe, even in Jerusalem, in a state of uncleanness, until the tithe had been redeemed (Deut. 26:14).
424. Not to eat the Second Tithe, when mourning (Deut. 26:14).
425. To make the declaration, when bringing the second tithe to the Sanctuary (Deut. 26:13).
The Temple, the Sanctuary and Sacred Objects
426. Not to build an altar of hewn stone (Ex. 20:22).
427. Not to mount the altar by steps (Ex. 20:23).
428. To build the Sanctuary (Ex. 25:8).
429. Not to remove the staves from the Ark (Ex. 25:15).
430. To set the showbread and the frankincense before the Lord every Shabbat (Ex. 25:30).
431. To kindle lights in the Sanctuary (Ex. 27:21).
432. That the breastplate shall not be loosened from the ephod (Ex. 28:28).
433. To offer up incense twice daily (Ex. 30:7).
434. Not to offer strange incense nor any sacrifice upon the golden altar (Ex. 30:9).
435. That the kohein shall wash his hands and feet at the time of service (Ex. 30:19).
436. To prepare the oil of anointment and anoint high kohanim and kings with it (Ex. 30:31).
437. Not to compound oil for lay use after the formula of the anointing oil (Ex. 30:32-33).
438. Not to anoint a stranger with the anointing oil (Ex. 30:32).
439. Not to compound anything after the formula of the incense (Ex. 30:37).
440. That he who, in error, makes unlawful use of sacred things, shall make restitution of the value of his trespass and add a fifth (Lev. 5:16).
441. To remove the ashes from the altar (Lev. 6:3).
442. To keep fire always burning on the altar of the burnt-offering (Lev. 6:6).
443. Not to extinguish the fire on the altar (Lev. 6:6).
444. That a kohein shall not enter the Sanctuary with disheveled hair (Lev. 10:6).
445. That a kohein shall not enter the Sanctuary with torn garments (Lev. 10:6).
446. That the kohein shall not leave the Courtyard of the Sanctuary, during service (Lev. 10:7).
447. That an intoxicated person shall not enter the Sanctuary nor give decisions in matters of the Law (Lev. 10:9-11).
448. To revere the Sanctuary (Lev. 19:30) (today, this applies to synagogues).
449. That when the Ark is carried, it should be carried on the shoulder (Num. 7:9).
450. To observe the second Passover (Num. 9:11).
451. To eat the flesh of the Paschal lamb on it, with unleavened bread and bitter herbs (Num. 9:11).
452. Not to leave any flesh of the Paschal lamb brought on the second Passover until the morning (Num. 9:12).
453. Not to break a bone of the Paschal lamb brought on the second Passover (Num. 9:12).
454. To sound the trumpets at the offering of sacrifices and in times of trouble (Num. 10:9-10).
455. To watch over the edifice continually (Num. 18:2).
456. Not to allow the Sanctuary to remain unwatched (Num. 18:5).
457. That an offering shall be brought by one who has in error committed a trespass against sacred things, or robbed, or lain carnally with a bond-maid betrothed to a man, or denied what was deposited with him and swore falsely to support his denial. This is called a guilt-offering for a known trespass.
458. Not to destroy anything of the Sanctuary, of synagogues, or of houses of study, nor erase the holy names (of God); nor may sacred scriptures be destroyed (Deut. 12:2-4).
Sacrifices and Offerings
459. To sanctify the firstling of clean cattle and offer it up (Ex. 13:2; Deut. 15:19).
460. To slay the Paschal lamb (Ex. 12:6).
461. To eat the flesh of the Paschal sacrifice on the night of the fifteenth of Nissan (Ex. 12:8).
462. Not to eat the flesh of the Paschal lamb raw or sodden (Ex. 12:9).
463. Not to leave any portion of the flesh of the Paschal sacrifice until the morning unconsumed (Ex. 12:10).
464. Not to give the flesh of the Paschal lamb to an Israelite who had become an apostate (Ex. 12:43).
465. Not to give flesh of the Paschal lamb to a stranger who lives among you to eat (Ex. 12:45).
466. Not to take any of the flesh of the Paschal lamb from the company’s place of assembly (Ex. 12:46).
467. Not to break a bone of the Paschal lamb (Ex. 12:46).
468. That the uncircumcised shall not eat of the flesh of the Paschal lamb (Ex. 12:48).
469. Not to slaughter the Paschal lamb while there is chametz in the home (Ex. 23:18; Ex. 24:25).
470. Not to leave the part of the Paschal lamb that should be burnt on the altar until the morning, when it will no longer be fit to be burnt (Ex. 23:18; Ex. 24:25).
471. Not to go up to the Sanctuary for the festival without bringing an offering (Ex. 23:15).
472. To bring the first fruits to the Sanctuary (Ex. 23:19).
473. That the flesh of a sin-offering and guilt-offering shall be eaten (Ex. 29:33).
474. That one not of the seed of Aaron, shall not eat the flesh of the holy sacrifices (Ex. 29:33).
475. To observe the procedure of the burnt-offering (Lev. 1:3).
476. To observe the procedure of the meal-offering (Lev. 2:1).
477. Not to offer up leaven or honey (Lev. 2:11).
478. That every sacrifice be salted (Lev. 2:13).
479. Not to offer up any offering unsalted (Lev. 2:13).
480. That the Court of Judgment shall offer up a sacrifice if they have erred in a judicial pronouncement (Lev. 4:13).
481. That an individual shall bring a sin-offering if he has sinned in error by committing a transgression, the conscious violation of which is punished with excision (Lev. 4:27-28).
482. To offer a sacrifice of varying value in accordance with one’s means (Lev. 5:7).
483. Not to sever completely the head of a fowl brought as a sin-offering (Lev. 5:8).
484. Not to put olive oil in a sin-offering made of flour (Lev. 5:11).
485. Not to put frankincense on a sin-offering made of flour (Lev. 5:11).
486. That an individual shall bring an offering if he is in doubt as to whether he has committed a sin for which one has to bring a sin-offering. This is called a guilt-offering for doubtful sins (Lev. 5:17-19).
487. That the remainder of the meal offerings shall be eaten (Lev. 6:9).
488. Not to allow the remainder of the meal offerings to become leavened (Lev. 6:10).
489. That the High Kohein shall offer a meal offering daily (Lev. 6:13).
490. Not to eat of the meal offering brought by the kohanim (Lev. 6:16).
491. To observe the procedure of the sin-offering (Lev. 6:18).
492. Not to eat of the flesh of sin offerings, the blood of which is brought within the Sanctuary and sprinkled towards the Veil (Lev. 6:23).
493. To observe the procedure of the guilt-offering (Lev. 7:1).
494. To observe the procedure of the peace-offering (Lev. 7:11).
495. To burn meat of the holy sacrifice that has remained over (Lev. 7:17).
496. Not to eat of sacrifices that are eaten beyond the appointed time for eating them (Lev. 7:18).
497. Not to eat of holy things that have become unclean (Lev. 7:19).
498. To burn meat of the holy sacrifice that has become unclean (Lev. 7:19).
499. That a person who is unclean shall not eat of things that are holy (Lev. 7:20).
500. A priests daughter who profaned herself shall not eat of the holy things, neither of the heave offering nor of the breast, nor of the shoulder of peace offerings (Lev. 10:14, Lev. 22:12).